- Valid Original National Passport
- 1 recent passport size photo (of any background colour). It will be used for your medical certificate
- Address in UK i.e. university/residential/office address
MEDICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS
|Below 11 years old||Health Assessment|
|11 years old and above||Chest X-Ray and Interaction with applicant|
I will be offered several alternatives;
- Chest X-ray with protective shield;
- I can postpone the Chest X-ray (and TB clearance) until after delivery or
- I can opt to provide three Sputum samples on 3 consecutive mornings for Smears and Culture test Result of Sputum Smears and Culture will take up to 10 Weeks
Applicants are not required to fast
The UK Pre-Departure Tuberculosis Detection Programme Medical Certificate will be issued on the same day if Tuberculosis screening is normal.
If you are 16 years old & below, you must be accompanied by your parent.
It is advisable for applicants to do their Tuberculosis screening at least 10 weeks prior to their application because if Chest X Ray findings are suggestive of pulmonary tuberculosis, they will have to do further test with Sputum Smears and Culture.
Applicants with previous history of Pulmonary Tuberculosis is also required to do Sputum Smears and Culture.
Result of Sputum Smears and Culture will take up to 10 Weeks.
Certificate will be issued to applicants whose results are negative. If results are positive, the applicant will be referred for treatment for a period of at least 6 months.